Thursday, February 2, 2012

Would you like to dance?


Face it - we've all been there. On the dance floor, no one to dance with for the moment and we are asked by someone who we don't really want to dance with. So what are some responses you used to get out of dancing?

This was the topic of discussion at our dinner table tonight. It seems that my son has a dance tomorrow at his school. Normally, he wouldn't go to such childish and foolish activities (his thoughts on dancing) but he is taking leadership this semester and part of the class requires him to attend the dance.

So I asked him...."What if you are asked by a girl you don't want to dance with - what will you say to get out of it?" (I shared with him some of my best excuses but those are top secret)

He said he would probably just say yes and dance with the girl. Disappointing.

However, my 9-year-old Jlyn piped up and said, "Why don't you just tell her you need to go check your meatloaf."

I'm glad I wasn't drinking milk at that moment. Such wisdom at that age. I couldn't have been prouder.

No comments:

Post a Comment