Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Surreal


Really?

I just sat through a high school information night with my son. Really? I am finding this a little surreal. We had a little discussion on the way back to the car about how time flies. Then we drove by my old house which was 5 houses away from the high school. Someone else lives there now. The trees are still in the yard however. From there the conversation went to "someday you'll drive by the house we live in right now and have this same conversation with your son." Then talk started about me being a grandparent someday. Really? I might as well buy my burial plot tomorrow since it seems that I might run out of time. Maybe I'll just settle for having my ashes scattered in Yankee Stadium. You know what is comforting about this whole idea - that there are people who have gone through it before me and there will be people to follow.....we're just one chapter in a much bigger, eternal story. I am also very thankful that there are others going through it with me.

So, maybe when I fall asleep now it won't be with my son on my chest anymore but I guarantee he is still in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment