Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ask Me A Question


So a couple of years ago we did a relational gift exchange with our small group. This was inspired by a thing called Advent Conspiracy that our old church in Portland promotes. The idea is to give more and spend less at Christmas and to be intentional with the gifts you do give to encourage relationship building. The gift we received was The Question Jar which is filled with......you guessed it.....thought provoking and conversation starting questions.

Tonight's question is shown above - "What are three feelings you've had today?"

1. The first feeling I had today was wanting to go back to bed. I pretty much have this feeling everyday when the alarm goes off. I like sleep. I would have to say that my favorite time of day is right when my head hits the pillow at night. I am confronted every morning with a pivotal decision that requires the utmost exertion of will power to get in the upright position and CHOOSE to get up and exercise.

2. Today I prepared a message for a memorial service I am officiating this week. It is for the mother of a good friend of mine. I guess the best description of the feeling I got while doing it is "honored". It is always humbling and honoring to be asked to officiate a service for someone's family member. In this instance, knowing the family like I do, I am especially honored and blessed to be a part of their celebration of her life. Additionally, my friend is also a co-worker so their is a secondary "family" involved as well as many of our other colleagues will be present to celebrate too. I am looking forward to our time together.

3. I guess feeling number three is........drum roll please.........amazement. Yes, that's right - amazement. I am amazed that I actually posted for a whole month and that it is already February. So here is to another month of ramblings, thoughts, and digital diddies from the inner sanctum. May your February be full of chocolate, hearts, and roses....and a little L'Amour as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment