Saturday, February 11, 2012

White men can't dance




The annual father/daughter dinner dance has taken place once again. This year it was just Jlyn and me since Nat had a birthday party already scheduled. Don't worry, we are going out tomorrow night....just the two of us. I figure, why not get in two dates instead of one. Although I'll have to eat better tomorrow. Tonight was another "eat till you hurt" situation. Jlyn's favorite restaurant is Olive Garden. I don't mind it much either. Except on a Saturday night when everyone else and their mother is wanting to eat there. An hour later and we got seated. It was fun to see all the little girls dressed up and with their dads however.

So back to the point of this. I love to people watch. I noticed a lot of what you might call "attempts" at dancing. Trust me, I am the last one to critique someone else when it comes to skizzles on the dance floor because I am lucky to get out of there with out injuring myself or those around me. That is the beauty of slow dancing. Now that I can do and do well. Fast - not so much. I was in good company tonight.

Anyway - saw some old friends...and their daughters that I used to watch in the nursery and enjoyed seeing a bunch of girls of all ages gettin' down on the dance floor with their flailing dads close by. Inspiring....simply inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment