Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lucky Reflection


I thought since my first post included a picture of people that I would stick with that theme for awhile. Honestly, getting quality pictures of people is the hardest part of taking pictures for me. It seems as though it takes basically just good timing most often and every once in a while I get one that I would call “quality.” Not that the person is made to look better than they actually are, but that the light is just right; the background is cool; the expression catches something out of the ordinary; or the person is just easy to capture in pixel form. Most of the time when I get a good picture of someone it is just being in the right place at the right time and getting lucky. Like this shot of my niece on the New Jersey Transit as we traveled back from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade last November. It was pure luck how this turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - luck, yeah right, I couldn't get that shot in ten thousand tries. But I enjoy your gift, whether you admit to it being a gift or not. This is one of those pictures that holds me in a trance for awhile. You can look at it over and over and still want another glimpse. I hope you all are well.

    ReplyDelete