Sunday, March 25, 2012

Keep breathing

I like the movie Cast Away. There is a lot to think about in this movie. This scene generates a lot of questions and good stuff worth thinking about: how there is still hope when you feel hopeless; how to acknowledge loss yet balance it with thankfulness; how to utilize past coping skills with present grief; and how to keep breathing and remain alive when it defies logic. On a walk last night with my family I asked everybody what gets them out of bed in the morning. Their answers were surface level at best - "My alarm clock." "My dog licking my face." My sister-in-law asked me the same question this morning. I said, "Because I never know what the tide will bring in today." Everyday has the potential to bring in a sail - just when you need it. Yes, life is full of loss. That is guaranteed. But, life is full of gain as well. Also guaranteed. Kinda gives you a reason to get up everyday, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment